Fresh Bigoli pasta with ‘Pesto alla Genovese’ Cooking Class at Italian Rhapsody cooking school in Edmonds: Friday, 07/12/19 at 6pm
Recipe from Padua (VENETO REGION) and Genoa (LIGURIA REGION); ovo-lacto vegetarian recipes (please, read the notes below).
Join this hands-on cooking class and make BIGOLI, an ancient fresh pasta from Veneto region. The pasta dough is made with wheat flour and eggs and it is extruded by a special pasta machine called Bigolaro developed in 1604. The bronze die is used to create the best quality pasta that you will not find at any American restaurants. Also, make PESTO sauce, the authentic sauce from Genoa. This sauce is fantastic with any kind of pasta. After the cooking class, you will never buy a Pesto jar again…because your homemade Pesto will be the best!
In this hands-on cooking class with Rossella, you will:
- Learn how to make the dough for Bigoli egg pasta;
- Extrude the pasta dough with Bigolaro machine like in the 17th century in Italy;
- Learn the origins of Bigoli and experience the unique opportunity to use the pasta machine that Rossella brought in her luggage from Veneto.
- Learn how to choose the right basil for pesto, the perfect Italian extra virgin olive oil, the best quality Parmigiano Reggiano and Pecorino Romano cheese from Italy and where to buy them in U.S. etc.
- Make ‘Pesto all Genovese’, the popular Northern Italian basil sauce…there are several tips to make a creamy and super tasty Pesto from scratch that only an Italian cook can teach you. Did you also know that we cook green beans in the boiling water for this pasta in Italy?
At the end of the class you will enjoy your Bigoli al Pesto in the company of your classmates and take the rest at home with you.
A printed copy of the recipes will be provided.
A complementary Italian appetizer OR Italian dessert will be served.
The ingredients of the recipe contain wheat, egg, dairy, nuts (almonds /pine nuts). Sorry, cannot accommodate Gluten free.